Microsoft has always been striving hard to change the conventional means of how people use Office. It keeps on rolling updates and new features so that people can get their hands on modern technology as well as new tools. Since the outbreak of coronavirus pandemic in the year 2020, the usage of Microsoft Office has seen an unprecedented hike. This is because 1the number of people who are working from home has increased manifolds. This is because Microsoft Teams is the best application for collaboration and collaborating is the need of the hour.
Which Office product you should buy?
The first question that comes to a user’s mind once he plans to buy an Office product that which Office product or plan he or she should buy. So, if you are someone who wants it for completing basic tasks with classic applications like PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, then you may opt for office.com/setup home and student 2019. On the contrary, if you are planning to buy Office for completing organizational tasks, then you may opt for Office 365, Office 2020, Office 2019, etc. These products can be easily accessed at Microsoft office.
How much does Microsoft Office cost?
The following list encompasses plans/subscriptions of MS Office from which you can choose the desired product.
- Office 2019 Home & Business- $249.99
- Office 2016 Home and Business- $229
- Office 2019 Professional- $439.99
- Office 2016 Professional- $399
- Office 365 (one-time installation for a single device)- $150
- Office 365 (yearly subscription for multiple devices)- $70 to $100
What’s new in Microsoft Office – Get the latest updates
With the most recent version of Office, you get more innovative applications and tools. On top of that, you get vast storage of 1 TB which is more than enough for you. You can easily collaborate on Team chats, calls, conferences, as well as meetings. Other than this, you get to enjoy the latest email and calendar features. Moreover, it is easier to connect with co-workers, clients, customers through Outlook, and Exchange. Microsoft Forms also lets you manage and streamline your workflow on a single destination. With Power Automate tools, you can easily accomplish the tasks that are to be done repetitively.
Office.com/setup- Redeem your product key
- Visit office.com/setup from a web browser.
- Sign in to your Office account or create a new one.
- Enter the product key in the given space.
- After that, select your country and language.
- Follow some easy instructions to download Office.
- Run the downloaded Office setup file.
- You are all set to use Office for the first time.
Now, its time to understand the whole process of Office setup in a detailed manner which is given in the upcoming sections.
Download Office 365 or Office 2019
- First of all, you need to go to www.office.com
- After this, tap on the ‘Sign in’ button.
- Now, enter the credentials associated with your Office product.
- For login, you may use Microsoft account, work, or school account.
- If you don’t have an account, click ‘Create one!’
- Further, click ‘Install Office’.
- On the next window, tap ‘Install’.
- Again select ‘Install Office apps’/’Office 365 apps’.
The download process will begin as soon as you click on this option after which you need to install it. Note that, the installation process for Windows and Mac varies, therefore, we are going to discuss them separately.
Install Office on Windows
- Select Run/Setup/Save File based on the web browser you are using.
- On the User Account Control window, select ‘Yes’.
- The installation process will now begin.
- Now, you will see the installation confirmation screen.
- In the end, you need to select the ‘Close’ option.
Install Office on Mac
- Once the product gets downloaded, open the ‘Finder’.
- From here, expand the ‘Downloads’ section.
- Locate ‘Microsoft Office installer.pkg’ file and double-click on it.
- Select ‘Continue’ on the installation screen.
- Again select ‘Continue’ after reading license agreement.
- Select Agree> Continue> Install> Install software on the pages that open.
- Click ‘Close’ when the installation completes.
Activate your Office product
- Locate and open an Office application from the Start menu.
- On Mac, click on the Launchpad in the Dock.
- On Windows, review the license agreement and select ‘Continue’.
- Mac users can tap on Word followed by ‘Get Started’.
- Finally, the Office is activated and you can start using it.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Office setup product key?
It is a combination of 25 digits alphanumeric characters that you are given at the time you buy your Office subscription. This key is unique and helps to download and activate your subscription. It ensures that you have purchased the product through the licensed way.
How to redeem Office product key?
Redeeming the product key means using it for the first time and associating it with your Microsoft account. For this, you need to go to the Microsoft store and click on the ‘See more’ option. After this, you need to select the ‘Redeem Code’. Next, you have to sign in, enter the 25 digit code, and select ‘Redeem’.
What is the method to uninstall Office?
To uninstall MS Office, you need to locate the entry of Office setup. You may find it in the ‘Add or Remove programs’ section of the Control Panel. Once you find it, you need to tap on it. You have to click on the ‘Remove’ option to finally uninstall it.
How do I reinstall Office?
For reinstalling Office, go to www.office.com/setup and sign in to your account. Now, you need to enter the product key and click on the ‘Install Office’ option. Further, you just need to follow some easy prompts to complete the Office setup.