If you are the one who is planning for a vacation and take away some time from a busy schedule then it is a very nice idea to set up the “out of office” automatic reply to the sender. This is done to let them know that you are out of the office and hence if the work is important that they can send it to another assigned person. It is a very good idea to let them know that you cannot access the emails till you back. It is very easy to set up out of office in Gmail as an automatic reply. This is also known as a vocational responder and you can easily customize and use the message for other things. For instance, you are not online on official mails but you want to access it on a different address then you can edit the message accordingly. In this article, you will learn the essentials required for how to set out of the office in Gmail without interruptions.
How to set up out of the office on the computer?
- First of all tap on the cog icon visible on-screen.
- Tap on the “See all settings” on the Quick settings sidebar on the page.
- Scroll down to the “Vacation responder” given under the “General” tab.
- Make sure the “out of office” or “Vacation responder” is turned on.
- You have to enter the start date next to the “First-day” section and set the end date.
- Remember, you can add the subject line for the responder next to the “Subject” tab.
- Just enter the vacation responder message under the “Message” tab.
- You can tick on the box that is next to the “Only send a response to people in my Contacts” option.
- After this, just tap on the “Save changes” on the bottom of the menu.
How to set up a vacation responder on the mobile device?
- First of all, you need to open the Gmail app.
- After this, you need to tap on three corners.
- Now, scroll down and select the “Settings” option.
- Just select the email account that you like to set for the responder.
- After this, tap on the “Vacation responder” or “out of office” button.
- You need to toggle on the vacation responder and you will be able to set the start and end dates for the “out of office” section.
- Add a subject line and write your message.
- Remember, you will also have an option that is ready naming “Send only to my Contacts.”
- After this, just tap on the “Save” option in the top-right corner of the screen.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By concluding we hope that by now you have learned the basics to set out of office in Gmail on the computer and mobile devices. However, if you have queries related to the topic then it is strongly recommended to visit www.office.com/setup, to get the proper guidelines and instructions from the professionals and technicians.