Many of you might be confused and thinking about the thin line of difference between two of the most talked-about Microsoft Office software that is Office 2019 and Office 365. It is important to understand that both of the software is the latest version of the Microsoft Office. In this article, we will elaborate on the brief difference between the two of the software and you will understand what suits you best. So, without more discussions about it let us start the topic.
What is Microsoft Office 365 subscription?
The Office365 subscription is a service provider subscription that provides the Office apps and cloud-based services that work for you on a monthly or annual basis. There are different plans under this subscription that is curated for home users, small or large business, schools, and NGOs. These plans office application includes Outlook, Word, Excel, and the Powerpoint that you can easily install on the computer. In addition to this, Office 365 offers web-based access to the apps with a wide range of other services like Teams, Yammer, Stream, Sway, and many more. It also comes with plans that include 1 TB of cloud storage, web-based versions of office apps, apps for mobile surface along with new features, and security fixes on a roll.
A brief explanation of Office 2019 version
The Office 2019 subscription is the latest version of Office suite that is a succors of Office 2016. It is a one time purchase for the subscription, you just have to pay for once for one PC or Mac and you can use it forever. The Office 2019 subscription includes apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and it is used for both home and business users. It’s important to understand that there is no upgrade option when you have to update this software. You have to pay for updated software at the full cost, and as it has no update you will get stability and security updates for five years after purchase.
What is the basic point of difference between Office 2019 and Office 365?
- The payment model of both of them is completely different, you pay for Office 2019 whereas you subscribe the Office 365. The Products and services of both versions are completely different to access. Office 365 has more variants than Office 2019.
- The update frequency and functionality are premium in Office 365 as compared to Office 2019.
Which one to choose between Office 365 and Office 2019 version?
Many of the users get this clearly that Office 365 is better than Office 2019 we are sincerely biased and we believe that you will surely have a better business outcome with modern, productivity tools which is only possible with Office 365. However, when you make a purchasing decision you need to look at the situation when you have to use the tools and maintain the budget. Just look for the benefits of both Office 2019 and Office 365 in the upcoming sections below.
What are some of the key benefits of Office 2019?
- You only have to pay once for the product subscription and that will work forever till you wish to update the same.
- If you are not using the MS Office services for email and other then it will enable you to access cloud storage, collaboration, email services, and many more.
- Do not worry about training your employees about the new and updated features of the same as it is easy to use for beginners.
What are the benefits of Office 365 subscription?
- It is good that you do not have to pay for the subscription and no additional cost.
- You can easily align the cost of the Ofice to the actual number of employees.
- Every user can install the Office subscription on 5 PCs or Mac or on other devices.
- You will get Cloud-based tools that enable you for new working, online, and mobile Office apps.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
In a constantly changing environment of the world, there is a need for Cloud-based, subscription-based up offerings that have become very much important. This has challenged many of the software developers to keep innovating and coming up with the content that transforms the way we work. So, if you have invested. Both of the versions enables the users to work productively and creatively without any interruptions. However, when we compare both it is understood that Office 365 delivers more software and applications to work as compared to Office 2019. And moreover, for the update, you need not pay in Office 365.
Read Blog Also: How to show out of office in outlook?