The moment you select the MS Outlook program from the “Start” menu or by the “Shortcut” icon there can be an issue wherein you are stuck in a problem and says my outlook won’t open. To correctively fix this depends on what experience as well as the version of the MS Office you have installed on your device. In this article, you will get to learn the basic steps to open office setup without any interruptions and issues. So, if you are also stuck in a situation where my outlook won’t open then the sections in this article will surely help you to fix the issue or any other error.
What are the major causes behind the “my outlook won’t open” error to occur?
There are different causes that can cause this error to occur, this includes:
- Damaged files or folders Corrupted profile
- Problematic add-ins
- Navigation window issues
How to fix my outlook won’t open error in Windows?
If you are using Outlook on the Windows computer and you face this error then the steps in this section will help you to fix the error, just follow each one of them carefully:
- First of all Open Outlook in Safe mode.
- After this, disable the add-ins.
- Now, select the “File” option and go to the “Options” and then tap the “Add-ins”.
- After this step, go to the “Manage” section and tap on the “Go” button.
- You have to clear the checkboxes that are next to the add-ins to disable it.
- Tap on the “Ok” option.
- Follow the steps for Repair Outlook from the “Programs” section.
- Repair Outlook profiles and data files to see the cause of the issue.
- Now, reset the navigation window.
- Exit the Outlook and go to the “Start” and then tap on the “Run” button and then tap on the “Windows Key+R”.
- Just enter or paste the “outlook.exe /resetnavpane” and tap on the ‘OK” button.
- After this open, the Outlook and you will see the navigation window will reset.
How to fix my outlook won’t open error in Mac?
In order to fix the, my outlook won’t open error on Mac, you can follow the steps that are given in this section:
- You need to check for the updates and check for the install any available updates even if you cannot open the Outlook app.
- Tap on the “Help” option and check for the updates available.
- Just choose the “Update” to download and install all the updates that are available.
- Rebuild the Outlook database and then backup any Outlook data that is stored on the computer.
- After this exit all the Office applications and tap on the “Option” key.
- Just tap on the “Outlook” icon in the Dock for opening the Microsoft Database utility software.
- Restructure the Outlook database.
- Exit all the Office apps and tap on the “Option” key and select the “Outlook” icon in the Dock to open the “Microsoft Database Utility” option.
- You need to select the identity of the database that you wish to rebuild or restructure.
- Just choose the “Rebuild” option and when the process is completed, you need to restart Outlook. App.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By the end of this article, we hope that the information which is provided here will help you to fix my outlook won’t open and will enable you to use office setup without any issues or errors. However, if you have queries related to the topic then it is recommended to visit office.com/setup which will provide the applicable solutions along with guidelines and instructions for the same.