There are different ways to add a checkmark or strikethrough in excel in order to complete the tasks. However, there are many things that you can do to manage strikethrough excel, it clearly means that in order to draw the line using a value in the cell, you can use Strikethrough. In the MS Office Word, the option to strike via a text is on the home tab of the ribbon.
So, it is very much easy to apply the excel strikethrough. Remember, when it comes to Excel, we do not have any direct option to apply the strikethrough to a cell. It doesn’t mean that you cannot do that. In fact, in this article, you will get more than one method to use the strikethrough in excel. Let’s get started to discuss different ways by which we can use strikethrough excel.
Apply Strikethrough to a Cell with the help of Shortcut Key
If you do not want to waste your precious time then the keyboard shortcut is the perfect thing you wish to do. In order to apply for the strikethrough excel in a cell, you need to use “CTRL+5”
Adding a Strikethrough Button to QAT
- For this, you need to go to the “File” option and then tap on the “Options” to access the “Quick Access Toolbar” option.
- Now, select the option labeled as “Choose commands from” and then tap on the “Commands, not in the Ribbon” option.
- Select the option labeled as “Strikethrough” from the list and add the QAT.
- Tap on the “Ok” button and now you have an icon of QAT that you can apply strikethrough excel with a single tap.
- You are now having an icon of QAT that you can apply for the strikethrough with a single tap.
- This button also works as if you wish to apply the different parts on one particular cell.
Applying Strikethrough from Format Option
The basic point to understand is that there are no direct options to apply strikethrough in excel, however, in actual, there is an option that you can access from the format options. You need to follow the steps that are given below:
- First of all you need to select all the cells on which you wish to apply the command.
- Use the shortcut key “ctrl+1” to access and open the format options.
- Go to the Format tab and ticks the mark of the strikethrough excel option.
- Just tap on the “Ok” option.
You can run a VBA Code to Apply Strikethrough
The Macros codes work like a charm for you and if you wish to use a VBA to strikethrough there here is the code for you.
Sub add strikethrough()
Dim rng As Range
For Each rng In Selection
rng.Font.Strikethrough = True
This code will help you to apply the excel strikethrough codes in the selected cells. Remember, you can also assign in the shape in order to create a button.
Using the conditional formatting to apply the strikethrough
- First of all, you need to insert the check box in the worksheet.
- After this, just link the cell A1 in order to change the font of A1 to the white.
- Just select the cell B1 and go to the Home Tab and “Styles” followed by conditional formatting and then the “New Rule” option.
- You have to select the option labeled as “Use a formula to determine which cell to format” option.
- Now, enter “=IF(A1=TRUE, TRUE, FALSE)” in the formula input bar.
- Just, tap on the Format option and tick the mark on the excel strikethrough option.
- Tap on the “Ok” option two times in a row.
- Now, whenever you tick the checkbox, you will see the text in the cell that will get a cut line on the tab.
How to remove strikethrough in excel?
If you wish to remove Strikethrough in excel from a cell then you simply need to tap on the shortcut key that is “Ctrl+5” again.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has given you enough information that is relevant to the topic we just discussed. As in the topic we talked about the steps that correlate with how to strikethrough in excel. However, if you are still left with some of the questions and queries then we recommend you visit the official website that goes by the URL www.office.com/setup. On the website, you will get the set of proper instructions and guidelines to use strikethrough excel with no interruptions and errors in the process.